Education (Pre K-12)
Under the leadership of our Assistant Rabbi/Educator, Temple B'nai Shalom provides an extensive educational program for students from pre-kindergarten through high school beginning with Consecration and continuing through Bar and Bat Mitzvah, Confirmation and Post-Confirmation.
We strive to enrich our children's Jewish experience and knowledge so as to strengthen their understanding of God, their identification with the Jewish people and their participation in Jewish life.
- Pre-Kindergarten through Third Grade students attend classes on Sunday mornings.
- Fourth through Seventh Grade students attend Hebrew School on Tuesday evenings and continue Jewish Studies on Sunday mornings. During the year prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah, students participate in a Tuesday evening class with Rabbi Perlin and receive individual instruction from our tutor.
- Eighth and Ninth Grade students attend the YES program Sunday mornings during which they study two different subjects each semester.
- Tenth Grade students meet for Confirmation Classes on Sundays with Rabbi Perlin to explore topics important to them as Jewish teens. The class writes and then leads a beautiful and creative Confirmation Class service at Shavuot.
- Post-Confirmation students attend class with Rabbi Perlin for advanced study on selected Sunday evenings. This two-year program for eleventh and twelfth graders is the fastest growing program in our school.