High Holy Days 5780!
For the High Holy Days 5780, tickets will be sent in August via U.S. Mail to all members who have paid their fiscal year 2018/19 dues in full and have made a first payment in the new fiscal year 2019/20.
Click on the blue button below for our online process which is available to:
- Purchase relative tickets or non-member tickets. (Please email Lynn Richmond with relative or non-member names.)
- Submit names and donations for Cherished Ties (our Yizkor booklet) – Every year we honor our loved ones who have passed away with a Yizkor memorial booklet called “Cherished Ties,” which is distributed at the Yizkor Memorial Service on Yom Kippur. The deadline to make submissions for Cherished Ties is October 2nd. (Please email Lynn Richmond with names for the Cherished Ties booklet.)
- Make a donation for our High Holy Day Appeal (Tzedakah) – Our High Holy Day campaign is an important means for members to strengthen our temple community and follow the age-old tradition of making a special donation by Yom Kippur to support the synagogue. The High Holy Days are a season for both reflection and hope. As we come together during this holiest time of the year, please consider making a generous donation to help TBS make a difference within our community throughout the year.
Click here for our High Holy Day 2019/5780 schedule. (Please note that during Yom Kippur, for those who want to worship the entire day, additional services and study sessions will be available beginning after the morning service.) Please click here for a helpful question and answer document about navigating and enjoying the High Holy Days at TBS.
High Holy Day Ticket Policy
General Ticket Policy
- Tickets are required for all services, including Family Services, and Yizkor/Neilah. Tickets will be sold by the individual holiday. Everyone two years old and above must have a ticket. Everyone B’nai Mitzvah age and older must wear their tickets in the lanyard/ticket holders provided.
- Tickets will only be issued to members who have paid their 2018-19 dues in full and have made a first payment for the new fiscal year 2019-20. Other outstanding financial obligations to the Temple must also be paid in full. If financial circumstances prevent you from honoring this policy, please address your request to the Treasurer. (All dues requests are held in strict confidence.)
- Tickets will be mailed in August. Before services begin, a “will call” area will be set up in the front of the temple for any tickets processed after the initial mailing. Tickets will not be distributed once High Holy Day evening services have begun.
- College students and active duty military stationed temporarily (young singles or those not residing with family here) may attend services free of charge, but must have a ticket.
- Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Members will be charged $250 for every ticket found to be transferred.
Relatives of Members Ticket Policy
- As a courtesy to our members, they may purchase tickets for their relatives. (Our engaged members may bring their fiancé/fiancée by buying a relative ticket for each holiday.) Ticket prices for relatives are $198 per person, per holiday, and can be purchased online or by emailing Lynn Richmond or by calling her at (703)764-2901.
- While the Board is honored to be able to extend tickets to your family members who are visiting this year, please keep in mind that our sanctuary is capable of seating only so many guests. Tickets will be subject to availability.
Non-Member Ticket Policy
- Non-member tickets are available for $360 per person, per holiday, and can be purchased online or by emailing Lynn Richmond or by calling her at (703)764-2901.
- Resigned members of TBS may not purchase non-member tickets.
- We are not able to offer any non-members free tickets. There will be no exceptions.
Family Services and Yizkor/Neilah Ticket Policy
- Although Family Services and the Yizkor/Neilah service are open to the public, tickets are required to attend.
- Only families with children will be able to attend the Family Services for safety and security reasons.
- Resigned members of TBS may not attend Family Services or Yizkor/Neilah.
- Family Services and the Yizkor/Neilah service are free services, but a $36 donation per person is suggested.
- Tickets may be obtained by emailing Lynn Richmond or by calling her at (703) 764-2901.
URJ Reciprocity Policy
- If you are a current member in good standing of a Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) congregation 60 miles or more from TBS, we can offer complimentary tickets to you through a reciprocity program. Please contact your home congregation for the appropriate form, which should be sent by email to Lynn Richmond as soon as possible. Additionally if you are a TBS member and wish to attend services at a URJ congregation in another city, please contact Lynn and she will help you obtain tickets.
- TBS does not offer reciprocity to non-URJ congregations. To bring a non-URJ-affiliated person to High Holy Days services, the member must purchase a non-member ticket per holiday.
Special Needs Policy
- Handicapped parking passes, large print prayer books, assisted hearing devices, and priority seating are available on a reservation basis. Please contact Lynn Richmond or 703-764-2901 with any requests.
- Priority seating will only be granted for those who are handicapped or incapacitated in some way. We may not be able to reserve seats for additional family members.
- Members may not reserve rows of seating in the sanctuary before services begin. Please be respectful of everyone’s right to seating in the front of the sanctuary.
Please email our Executive Director, Lynn Richmond, or call her at 703-764-2901 with any questions related to the High Holy Days at TBS.
We can’t wait to celebrate 5780 with you! Shanah Tovah to you!